Thursday, August 18, 2011

Reflection On Myself


I feel like a different person during this week of preparation in Chicago.  I feel refreshed with positive thoughts and comfortable with being out of my norm.  I usually have this tendency to be timid around new things, but here is different.  I have always been hard on myself and continuingly strive for perfection to be “the best” (whatever that means :)).  Many of us live in a world of competition.   For the first time, I feel no competition and in a way it’s very relaxing.   It’s relaxing to know that you don’t have to feel like you need to judge yourself to the person next to you.  As a young girl growing up, many of us judged our beauty. But when you get older and start building a career, you start unconsciously catching yourself judging your abilities and confidence within yourself.  And believe me that can be exhausting!  The journey has only just begun, but I have already learned so much about myself.  I can’t wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment